“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” Numbers 23:19
What is a lie?
A lie is something that someone says or writes which they know is untrue.
These days many people are in the dangerous habit of peddling lies, falsehood and the likes.
God is not a man that He should lie! Has God ever spoken and failed to act? Has God ever promised and not carried it through? No! No! No!
One outstanding and indisputable characteristic of God is that He is incapable of telling lies. It is not in His nature or DNA to lie.
The Bible says, “That by two immutable things, in which God couldn’t lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.” (Hebrews 6:18)
God promised to bless father Abraham, and He blessed him and his descendants. Today, we Gentiles are blessed in Abraham. God is ever faithful and trustworthy.
Why do men lie?
1. Men lie because they want to cover up their evil tracks or deeds.
2. Men lie because they want approval! They want you to like them; they want you to be impressed, and they want you to hold them in high esteem.
3. Men tell lies to control a situation
and exert influence toward getting the decisions or reactions they want.
4. Men lie because they want to promote selfish agenda.
5. Men lie because the father of lies, Satan lives in them!
On the other hand, let’s see why God will never lie:
1. God will never lie because He is not seeking any man’s approval or applause.
2. God will never lie because He is already in control of all situations!
3. God will never lie because He is ever consistent. He doesn’t say one thing and does another. He’s not wishy-washy at all about what He wants to do.
4. God will never lie because He is trustworthy, faithful, capable and honest. What He promises He is capable and honest enough to do and what He says He means.
5. God will never lie because to do so would mean that God is going against His very nature or character.
There is nothing that builds our faith like knowing that God cannot and will never lie to us. Our bosom friends may lie to us but God will not!
What a faithful God we have!
I decree and declare that your faith in God will be fortified by this lesson; and that your faith will deliver greater results in Jesus mighty name. Grace and blessings upon you and your household!